Monday, February 21, 2005

A writing to B (III)

Dear B,

Thank you for your prayers. Day 1 and my head's still above water. I chose and recited the whole book of Solomon's Song last night before going to bed and it was a thrilling experience for me.

I had planned to do one of two things today to glorify God: visit the sick in the hospitals or visit the city prison near my house. I ended up going to the prison but only made it to the gates. I stalled because I was afraid. Who am I supposed to visit? What am I supposed to say? What reactions would I get from the guards and the inmates? After what seemed like half an hour of hesitation I turned around and took off to drive around town. I went back to the prison thinking of giving it a second shot. I couldn't make it then either, so I went straight home.

But you know what's astounding? After my failure to go beyond the prison gates I came away feeling all the more loved by God. I have always thought that God's holding Himself back from me because of my failures to live up to His expectations. Now I can see that that's not true. The pressure's off indeed! And I'm going back to the prison next week to try again - simply because I know it'd be something that will bring Him glory. But before next Sunday comes I'll be on the lookout for little ways to glorify Him throughout the week. I pray for the same for you.

Your joyful brother,
A

2 comments:

苇芯 said...

let me give u some suggestions, perhaps you can give either one of it a try...

a) u can actually ask the officer of the prison that either got any pastor or society did approach them before and tried to get their contacts. then perhaps u can give them a call and ask them what can you contribute or help them.

b) or u can called ur church pastor and share with him your thought and suggest to him that perhaps ur church's care group can organise a visitation to prison and of coz you are volunteer to organise and try to plan some activities before you take action.

苇芯 said...

well... its good to hear that you have such burden.... me had before but becoz i'm a girl and its not conveninece for me to visit prisoner, so i gave up that thought. i really wish that i'm a guy so that i can d whatever i wish to do....

《我們青春的三言兩語》

他跟她是隔壁班 每當他出現在她的面前 她都愛靜觀他的一舉一動 然後幻想兩個人在一起的畫面 中學時期過了 當然兩個人也沒在一起 是他因為害怕而錯過了 二十年後 他們重遇在他的工作室 成了要好的朋友 她問他有沒有喜歡的人 他愣住了...