Monday, February 21, 2005

A writing to B (III)

Dear B,

Thank you for your prayers. Day 1 and my head's still above water. I chose and recited the whole book of Solomon's Song last night before going to bed and it was a thrilling experience for me.

I had planned to do one of two things today to glorify God: visit the sick in the hospitals or visit the city prison near my house. I ended up going to the prison but only made it to the gates. I stalled because I was afraid. Who am I supposed to visit? What am I supposed to say? What reactions would I get from the guards and the inmates? After what seemed like half an hour of hesitation I turned around and took off to drive around town. I went back to the prison thinking of giving it a second shot. I couldn't make it then either, so I went straight home.

But you know what's astounding? After my failure to go beyond the prison gates I came away feeling all the more loved by God. I have always thought that God's holding Himself back from me because of my failures to live up to His expectations. Now I can see that that's not true. The pressure's off indeed! And I'm going back to the prison next week to try again - simply because I know it'd be something that will bring Him glory. But before next Sunday comes I'll be on the lookout for little ways to glorify Him throughout the week. I pray for the same for you.

Your joyful brother,
A

2 Comments:

Blogger 苇芯 said...

let me give u some suggestions, perhaps you can give either one of it a try...

a) u can actually ask the officer of the prison that either got any pastor or society did approach them before and tried to get their contacts. then perhaps u can give them a call and ask them what can you contribute or help them.

b) or u can called ur church pastor and share with him your thought and suggest to him that perhaps ur church's care group can organise a visitation to prison and of coz you are volunteer to organise and try to plan some activities before you take action.

February 21, 2005 4:37 PM  
Blogger 苇芯 said...

well... its good to hear that you have such burden.... me had before but becoz i'm a girl and its not conveninece for me to visit prisoner, so i gave up that thought. i really wish that i'm a guy so that i can d whatever i wish to do....

February 21, 2005 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home