Saturday, March 26, 2005

A writing to B on apologetics and Good Friday

Hi B,

I've checked out the verses in Acts and you were spot on. It's really obvious from those verses that the duty of apologetics lies in the hands of Christ's followers. And there's so much work to be done to equip ourselves for that purpose.

I'm reading the Bible and praying a lot more lately. And I'm really enjoying the moments, unlike before when I was only coming to God asking for stuff, now there's nothing I want more than to enter His presence and give Him daily the glory that is duly His. Can you tell me how is it that a man can experience extended joy in his God? That's what I have right now, nothing in my heart but "joy, joy, joy, tears of joy..." as Pascal put it.

So this Good Friday means a lot more to me than the ones commemorated before. At the service this morning a father sitting behind me quietly explained the meaning of Communion to his son as the leaders were calling the church forward to eat and drink the body and blood of Christ as He once instructed us to do in memory of Him. The father encouraged me and reminded me of a recent thought. Finally now I can know with full confidence that I will have a legacy to leave with my children, if I ever have them one day. And it would be something that will not perish - their father's love and longing for his Maker, in spite of his shortcomings.

The more I listen to people the more I'm convinced that there is no lasting hope or rest outside of Jesus. We have much to pray for. And I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone in this battle. Our comradeship in Christ is kept among the most treasured gifts in my chest.

Yours,
A

1 comment:

Dave said...

agree100%

if it's of any interest, here are some thots on apologetics:

http://dave-chang.blogspot.com

《我們青春的三言兩語》

他跟她是隔壁班 每當他出現在她的面前 她都愛靜觀他的一舉一動 然後幻想兩個人在一起的畫面 中學時期過了 當然兩個人也沒在一起 是他因為害怕而錯過了 二十年後 他們重遇在他的工作室 成了要好的朋友 她問他有沒有喜歡的人 他愣住了...