Saturday, November 20, 2004

Diary of a clay pigeon

They never said anything about shooting while I was in flight - and me being shot at!! When they launched us from the high house, all I thought was that I was going to be free at last. Free to soar... to land on whichever patch of green that receives me and call it my eternal resting place.

And then there were gunshots loud as thunder. As soon as we were slung across the air, one by one the liberated were blasted into irregular pieces, their featherless remnants falling like meteor rain. Wait a minute, are we not free? Aren't our bodies built to last till we lie down in green pastures? This can't possibly be our fate as Elects. But the sight of my people's ashes sprinkled over the trees offered neither reason nor comfort.

Through the trees on my way down, I caught flashing glimpses of our hunter. My survival that day owed to the fact that the shooter aiming at us was a killer-in-training. My life was spared for the day, but I was deeply tumbled. That night in the dark of the return chute leading back to the high house, I heard it being discussed through trembling voices of my fellow survivors that we will relive this horrible day till to the twisted satisfaction of our hunters we are all dead.

3 comments:

adelaine said...

please join http://nanoblogmo.blogspot.com/ just to make me feel better about the stuff ur writting...

Tin Soldier said...

Sorry didn't mean to freak you out but there is a message in clay pigeon's awakening which I believe is established through the Christian p.o.v. and very much in line with reality (though not as most of us know it). All I did was to paraphrase.

Fedelia said...

Hey Tin Soldier!

Read some stuff that u & Ade have been busily posting! Hope that your reference to life & death is just in the perspect of religion.

Me here will try to learn more bout blogging. Am really far far behind in this "technological" aspect of my life.

Till I have something for you to read ....

《我們青春的三言兩語》

他跟她是隔壁班 每當他出現在她的面前 她都愛靜觀他的一舉一動 然後幻想兩個人在一起的畫面 中學時期過了 當然兩個人也沒在一起 是他因為害怕而錯過了 二十年後 他們重遇在他的工作室 成了要好的朋友 她問他有沒有喜歡的人 他愣住了...