Friday, July 06, 2007

"Days Like This"

My mamma told me
No she actually warned me
That there’ll be days like this
“Son there’ll be days like this...”
When bluejays chirp on trees
Butterflies hide from bees
Hello miss, goodbye miss
A look, a smile, a kiss


When love comes visitin’
No when it comes crashin’ in
Who would’ve known
That a seed has been sown?
All the rules of the book
Lessons that I took
Gone, gone, all gone
But it wasn’t my doing alone


Miss Christine said so herself
Yep she admitted it herself
That she’s to be blamed
No I should be blamed!
But judging from what’s goin’ on
It didn’t help to have a chaperon
Now all I can think of is the dame
What’s the name of this game?


Oh mamma tell me
Please mamma tell me
Have words failed pop before
When he stood at your door?
Or did he find it easy
To make you count the daisy
And take you out to the bar
While biting his triumphant cigar?


For rumor has it that that day
That fateful day in May
A new couple walked into the room
And sent all hearts to gloom
‘Cause the best match in town
Have donned the wedding gown
They’ve finally seen love bloom
Through wild and stormy doom


Now with lots of laughs
We flip through old photographs
With stories bitter and sweet
Of how two hearts could meet
Christine listened with attention
For every detail mamma mentioned
As if prepping for something greater
That she’ll have to face later


Am I the one for Christine?
I guess only time will destine
If we’re meant for one another
What storms would we weather?
Others’ tales we can’t indulge in
We have our own fates to win
But days like this are like all other
They’re better when spent together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice work. What inspire you? =)

Tin Soldier said...

Thanks. I can't say what exactly inspired this piece. It started with the first two verses and as I experimented with the rhymes the rest took off from there and revealed the story to me.

adelaine said...

hehehhe.. not from personal experience?

Tin Soldier said...

This work is fictional in its entirety. The poet is above suspicion of any allusion to his real-life experience, though is definitely guilty of a runaway imagination. (^o^)

《我們青春的三言兩語》

他跟她是隔壁班 每當他出現在她的面前 她都愛靜觀他的一舉一動 然後幻想兩個人在一起的畫面 中學時期過了 當然兩個人也沒在一起 是他因為害怕而錯過了 二十年後 他們重遇在他的工作室 成了要好的朋友 她問他有沒有喜歡的人 他愣住了...