Sunday, January 01, 2006

A New Year's resolution

To be honest I never caught on to the trend of making New Year's resolutions. Chiefly because I didn't believe in myself enough to believe in them.

But I've decided to make my first at the start of 2006. Not because I've finally found enough self-confidence or ambition to do it. But simply because, knowing the tasks that lie before me despite my lack of natural ability to accomplish them, I must begin immediately, however insignificant the effort might seem.

Thus are my goals for 2006:
  1. Support a child through financial sponsorship and prayers
  2. Visit a prison inmate through letters of encouragement and hope
  3. Advocate for truth by engaging a relativistic culture with conversations that count
The first two are pretty straightforward. The third goal, which is really conversational apologetics, requires some homework and training. Look out for more on each of the goals in future posts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know that you are willingly to support a child...Am proud of you... Make sure you fulfill your first resolution cos there are so many unfortunate kids out there waiting for someone to care for them!

Samuel Goh said...

Great to know that you have such great and caring goals for 2006. Hope it will come true... but u have to take the first step in order to make it come true! :o) Cheers and Happy 2006!

therese said...

*Thumbs Up*

Hope you'll be able to achieve all these resolutions in year 2006!

《我們青春的三言兩語》

他跟她是隔壁班 每當他出現在她的面前 她都愛靜觀他的一舉一動 然後幻想兩個人在一起的畫面 中學時期過了 當然兩個人也沒在一起 是他因為害怕而錯過了 二十年後 他們重遇在他的工作室 成了要好的朋友 她問他有沒有喜歡的人 他愣住了...